From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: EPS image printing problem
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:53:11 GMT
Peter,

during the last few days we've seen that there are issues with
GhostScript 8.x. You only give us the GSView version but not the
GhostScript version you're using. Try the latest GNU GhostScript 7.x.

By the way, I think I remember having problems a couple of years ago
with certain EPS files in FOP. If you don't manage to have the EPS
displayed, consider sending it to this list. Maybe we can find a
work-around. The FO you sent is not really interesting, it's the EPS
file.

On 08.07.2004 14:21:32 Peter Gustafsson wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I have a problem with printing EPS images that i have included in my fop
> generated pdf file.
> I know that it isn't supposed to show up in acrobat but I can't even print
> them.
>
> I have tried to view the PDF;s with GSView4.1 but the image wasn't shown
> there either.
>
> Thought there was som sort of error in the image so I created a sample image
> with Illustrator which wasn't shown either.
>
> The image is however embedded in the pdf file since the file size is rather
> big and a space for the image is reserved in the pdf.
>
> I also tried viewing the pdf on another computer with the same result.
>
> I have tried both fop 0.20.4 and 0.20.5 (binary distrubition) and 0.20.5
> (source) my testcode is:
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki