From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: PDFTextCompression 0.20.5
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2004 11:24:54 GMT
I've just verified and the my configuration snippet (in userconfig.xml) does
have the desired effect of not encoding normal PDF stream objects under
FOP 0.20.5.

  <entry role="pdf">
    <key>stream-filter-list</key>
    <list/>
  </entry>

The clue about addDefaultFilters in PDFStream is that if you supply an
empty list it doesn't add a FlateFilter.

    protected void addDefaultFilters() {
        List filters = Configuration.getListValue("stream-filter-list",
                                                    Configuration.PDF);
        if (filters == null) {
            // try getting it as a String
            String filter = Configuration.getStringValue("stream-filter-list",
                    Configuration.PDF);
            if (filter == null) {
                // built-in default to flate
                addFilter(new FlateFilter());
            } else {
                addFilter(filter);
            }
        } else {
            for (int i = 0; i < filters.size(); i++) {
                String v = (String)filters.get(i);
                addFilter(v);
            }
        }
    }

On 08.07.2004 13:02:29 J.Pietschmann wrote:
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> > That should work. Doesn't it?
>
> No it shouldn't. There is a flate filter hardcoded in case
> the filter list is empty. The only way to get around this
> is to comment out the code and recompile. I don't know how
> often I got angry about this.

Jeremias Maerki