From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: PDFTextCompression 0.20.5
Date Wed, 07 Jul 2004 15:35:34 GMT
It is, to a certain extent. Have a look at conf/config.xml. The
"stream-filter-list" entry controls the compression/encoding filters to
be applied to certain PDF objects. However, not all PDF objects in FOP's
PDF library respect this setting, if I remember correctly. But you don't
have to change config.xml and recompile FOP. It is sufficient to add a block
like the following after the "strokeSVGText" entry in userconfig.xml
which you can specify on the command-line.

  <entry role="pdf">
    <key>stream-filter-list</key>
    <!--list>ascii-85</list-->
    <list/>
  </entry>

Specifying an empty <list/> element is a good way to create an
uncompressed PDF for debugging purposes.

On 06.07.2004 23:35:15 Ryan Eldridge wrote:
> I have Googled to try and understand if I am able to change the
> PDFTextCompresion setting in FOP v 0.20.5?  Has anyone had experience
> doing this?  Does anyone know if it is possible?

Jeremias Maerki