From Vinuta Nagaraddi <vnagara...@brandmuscle.com>
Subject RE: instream-foreign-object vertical alignment
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2004 13:08:28 GMT
I was able to accomplish vertical alignment by using display-align in
the table-cell.  I didn't specify the  vertical-align attribute.

Vinuta Nagaraddi

-----Original Message-----
From: Rea, Matthew [mailto:Matthew.Rea@auspost.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, July 06, 2004 2:52 AM
To: 'fop-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: instream-foreign-object vertical alignment

Hello,

I have a fo:instream-foreign-object that contains some SVG to draw a few
lines.  This is placed in a table cell inside a block and I want to
horizontally align to the left side and vertically align to the bottom
of the cell.

The following XSL-FO "nearly" works:

<fo:table-cell border-style="solid" border-width="0.1mm"
border-color="blue" display-align="after">
<fo:block text-align="left" vertical-align="bottom">
<fo:instream-foreign-object>

        <!-SVG content -->

</fo:instream-foreign-object>
</fo:block>
<fo:table-cell>

The horizontal alignment works great but the vertical alignment only
partially works.... or rather it doesn't work exactly the way I want it
to.   The problem is the vertical align does not align the SVG right to
the bottom of the cell like I really need.  The table row the cell is in
is 16mm high and the svg is consistently vertically aligned to
approximately 0.5mm from the bottom of the cell.  The same thing happens
if I try and vertically align to the top of the cell.  I want the SVG to
be sitting right against the table border which works fine horizontally,
just not vertically.

Any ideas on how to get this working?

I using FOP 0.20.5 on WinXP.

Thanks in advance,

Matthew Rea

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent
service. If we can assist you in any way please telephone 13 13 18 or
visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and
confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The
confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or
destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have
received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take
any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post
immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the
original e-mail.