From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Fop generates cryptic font name
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 09:37:37 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm using fop 0.20.5 to create PDFs with embedded fonts. I generated the
metrics files with fop and they look like this:

<embed/>

However, fop generates this in my PDFs:

8 0 obj
<< /Type /FontDescriptor
/FontName /2Ebbf7ArialNarrow

As you can see, there are a number of cryptic characters before the font
name. Unfortunately, every time I re-run my program, these characters
are different. This leads to a situation, where we have 1000 documents
with (supposedly) 1000 different fonts, so the RIP continually
re-generates the font, because it thinks it is a new one. This slows
output down considerably.

So, where does that prefix come from and how can I avoid it?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Ulrich