From Muthukumar Rajaram <muthu...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Image size
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 05:08:27 GMT

Hi,
I hope Chris have understood my problem correctly. I am generating the
graphs dynamically by calling a servlet which will generate the graph for
me.
<fo:block>
<fo:external-graphic content-type="image/gif" src=
"url('http://localhost:8080/hr/exec/comp/personal/protect/{$imageUrl1}')"
scaling="uniform"/>
</fo:block>
I have methods to get the height and width of the image that is generated.
But since from the xsl, i am calling a different http request, i don't have
the access to my methods. Depending on the data, the width and height of
the image is different.  I am not storing the image as a physical file. It
is dynamically generated by a servlet and flushed to the outputstream. Is
there any  way to get the image's height and witdth?. I want to place the
exact height and width. If I don't specify them then FOP outputs the image
at 72dpi and the quality of my image is very bad. I need to align two
graphs adjacent to each other. Hence their width is a must.
Your suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks and regards
Muthu
Muthukumar Rajaram, Senior Software Engineer
IBM Global Services India
II Floor, Prestige Towers
99, Residency Road, Bangalore - 560 025
Phone : 2073333 (or) 2079999 Extn : 2140
Fax : 2079010
E-mail : muthukra@in.ibm.com
Homepage : http://dear.to/muthu

                      Chris Bowditch

                      <bowditch_chris@h        To:       fop-user@xml.apache.org

                      otmail.com>              cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: Image size

                      03/08/2004 03:20

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      fop-user

Muthukumar Rajaram wrote:

> I am generating a graph dynamically and placing it in the PDF by
> construcing the fo file with the help of the tag "external-graphic".
> The image is generated dynamically and the width and height varies. In
the
> width and height attributes, i am not able to give the exact value due to
> this reason.
> Any input in this...

You dont actually state what your problem is. It isnt mandatory to
specify width and height on external-graphic. However, without width and
height specified FOP outputs the image at 72dpi. I guess your problem is
the quality of the image is very poor.

There isnt a workaround in general.

Chris