From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: How to force the region-body to adjust its margins automatically according to the size of the region-before.
Date Fri, 05 Mar 2004 23:07:40 GMT
Jeremy,

On Mar 5, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Jeremy Nix wrote:
> I'm having some difficulties in understanding how to create a page
> header that will be dynamic in content and size.  Is this possible?
> Currently, I can specify the extent on the region-before and the
> margin-top on the region-body to be equal and this creates the
> appropriate area for the header portion of my page.  But, is there not
> way to automatically determine this area at runtime and then force the
> region-body up/down depending on the region-before?

I don't know if this'll help, but I made a post[1] a month and a half
ago (with example code no less! :-)) which identifies how I dynamically
change the size of the region-before & region-after at run-time. It is
accomplished by making certain assumptions about font-size and/or
line-height (.3cm w/ 9pt Courier font), and multiplying that by the
number of lines I'm drawing.

Hope this helps or points you in the direction of something useful.

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fop-user&m=107426856626464&w=2