From "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject RE: Retrieving Images from a Database
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 20:05:19 GMT

A custom URL handler does indeed seem necessary for picking them up from a
db.

If you could change the db storage to, say, a zip or jar, then there's the
possibility of a minor hack helping you out... (try searching the fop-user
archives, sometime end October 2002, a question of this sort --extracting
images from a jar-file - was posed, and the OP made an interesting little
change to the FOP source to deal with it)

In what format are they stored BTW? (If it's SVG, for instance, you could
try using an XSLT SQL extension function while creating the FO to generate
an fo:instream-foreign-object node in the result doc before feeding it to
the renderer)

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andreas