From Nishma Jain <nj...@transzap.com>
Subject RE: Checkbox in the pdf doc
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:49:40 GMT
Thanks Andreas. It helped a lot.

By the way, do you happen to know any font that supports
glyph for a checked checkbox?

Nishma

-----Original Message-----
From: Andreas L. Delmelle [mailto:a_l.delmelle@pandora.be]
Sent: Monday, March 08, 2004 1:42 PM
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: Checkbox in the pdf doc

Hi,

There are several options:

- use SVG to draw a checked and a non-checked box depending the boolean
value
- find a font that has glyphs for the related Unicode cp's (enough basic
non-checked boxes, but the checked ones don't seem to be readily available
in the basic fonts)

As for myself, I mainly use the latter and my imagination --for example: the
basic ZapfDingbats font supports a lot of empty checkboxes from which you
can choose one, and for the 'checked' checkbox, you have a choice of many
other symbols...

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Andreas