From "Adrian Sobotta" <asobott...@hotmail.com>
Subject root must be root element
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 09:40:38 GMT
Hi All,

I've got this strange error. I can reproduce it, but Im still a bit lost
about how to fix it. Basically what Im doing is using the
java\embedding\ExampleXML2FO.java to loop through an array which I pass it
and generate a few hundred PDF's. All the PDF's are based on the same XSL
file. They just differ by the images that are pulled in and the XML.

A summary of the problem though is that once I get a certain error, it fails
on all subsequent iterations of the array even if the error was just
associated with one of the XML files. As you can see the output below failed
initially with the error 'There is not enough space on the disk', but my
problem is that for every subsequent iteration of the loop it throws
'javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException:
root must be root element' regardless of whether the space error is fixed or
not.

Obviously running out of space is going to kill the process regardless..
however I also get this error every now and again for different reasons. One
such reason is when it encounters an XML file which has more of a certain
XML element which the XSL is using to construct a table, and the table ends
up having more columns then are defined with <fo:table-column
column-width="380px"/>.

So is it because theres some kind of cache of XML/XSL which isnt been
cleared when an error occurs or something? Im a bit lost about whats going
on.. any help would be greatly appriciated.

[INFO] building formatting object tree
[INFO] setting up fonts
[INFO] [1]
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[INFO] Using org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser as SAX2 Parser
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 381825 greater than maximum specified
IPD 381576
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 381825 greater than maximum specified
IPD 381576
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 381825 greater than maximum specified
IPD 381576
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 381825 greater than maximum specified
IPD 381576
[WARNING] Sum of fixed column widths 596691 greater than maximum specified
IPD 595275
[ERROR] At least one of minimum, optimum, or maximum IPD must be specified
on table.
[INFO] [1]

[INFO] ---- Generating PDF for FRM

[INFO] ---- Generating PDF for FRT