From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Image size
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2004 15:10:09 GMT
Chris,

On Mar 8, 2004, at 7:04 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
> <snip/>
>> The workaround for me (with regard to the 72dpi image problem) has
>> been to create a JPG with a resolution of 300dpi (note: large file
>> size), and then scale the image down if necessary. This produces high
>> resolution logos for placement in our FOP-rendered pages without
>> pixelation.
>
> Clay - in order to scale the image down you need to specify a height
> and width, and Muthukumar was saying that he couldnt specify them
> because he didnt know them.
>
> <snip/>

Ahh! I misunderstood the portion:

> However, without width and height specified FOP outputs the image at
> 72dpi.

Too true. Perhaps Muthukumar could specify either the height or the
width, or could specify the content-height or the content-width to
overcome this. At least specifying one of those values might help
maintain a sense  of scale...

Thanks for the clarification!

Web Maestro Clay