From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject Re: Development Task and Priorities (was Re: Print on demand using FOP)
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 17:20:12 GMT
On Mar 17, 2004, at 8:23 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Clay Leeds wrote:
>
>> p.s. For completeness' sake, I guess it might help to know that the
>> information for updating the site is here:
>>    http://xml.apache.org/fop/dev/doc.html#web
>
> Thanks Clay, just what I was looking for. I should have spotted that
> myself! It says quite clearly in the table that shows the flow of data
> that the "publish" step must be activated manually with the password
> that you speak of. It doesnt say that only "new" files need to go
> through the publish step and existing files dont need it.
>
> I'll guess Ill wait a few days to see if the updates I made do appear
> automatically. If not, then I will need that password. Ill e-mail you
> offlist, if I need it. Thanks,
>
> Chris

BTW, I want to confirm you (and everyone else) are aware that new
files/pages added to the FOP web site (i.e., anything we want linked)
must coincide with a similar modification to site.xml (used to be the
'book.xml' located in each sub-dir, but is being deprecated in favor of
a global site.xml file). I say this, because judging by the language
above and in the previous msg, it appears you are adding a new file
(thereby meeting the definition of requiring a change to site.xml). If
I continue to be wrong about this, please forgive! :-)

Web Maestro Clay