From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: root must be root element
Date Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:29:21 GMT
Adrian Sobotta wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've got this strange error. I can reproduce it, but Im still a bit lost
> about how to fix it. Basically what Im doing is using the
> java\embedding\ExampleXML2FO.java to loop through an array which I pass
> it and generate a few hundred PDF's. All the PDF's are based on the same
> XSL file. They just differ by the images that are pulled in and the XML.
>
> A summary of the problem though is that once I get a certain error, it
> fails on all subsequent iterations of the array even if the error was
> just associated with one of the XML files. As you can see the output
> below failed initially with the error 'There is not enough space on the
> disk', but my problem is that for every subsequent iteration of the loop
> it throws 'javax.xml.transform.TransformerException:
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: root must be root element' regardless
> of whether the space error is fixed or not.

I am wondering if this caching effect is because you are re-using the
TransformerFactory or Transformer objects (which would make sense as
your XSLT stylesheet doesnt change) I think you may need to change your
error handling to reset a few things when one xml document fails.

It would also be helpful if you could post your code, I know you say its
based on the example, but looking at the example wont help us to help you.

Chris