From Mike Brodbelt <m.brodb...@acu.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Print on demand using FOP
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:36:36 GMT
Chris Bowditch wrote:
> Mike Brodbelt wrote:
>
>>How do other people deal with this? Is there any way to exercise control
>>over the positioning of page breaks without needing widow/orphan
>>support? Any work rounds possible. Failing that (stupid question alert),
>>any idea when a version of FOP that supports this might make an appearance?
>
> The trouble with the current version of FOP 0.20.5 is that the code is
> written in such a way that it makes adding support for keep-* properties
> too difficult. This is the main reason for the redesign effort. FOP has
> been re-written with keep-* properties in mind. However, progress on the
> redesign is slow. Its such a big job and the FOP team is low on
> resource. Help is always welcome though ....

My java skills are virtually non-existent, I'm afraid :-). Is there any
kind of road-map/status information up for the FOP dev branch, or is it
just a question of checking out the CVS and trying it out? I've had a
good look round the website, but information as to what's happening
seems absent.

> In terms of how I deal with this issue today. I'm ashamed to say this on
> list, but we use RenderX's XEP when keep-* properties are required.

Ah - I feared that might be the answer.

Thanks,

Mike.