From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Page count
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:19:27 GMT
Kuba Królikowski wrote:

> Yes, I know about that, but I have to write universal mechanism, which
> will calculate page count of every document, even without those fo tags.
>  Besides if I only need to count pages I don't have to render document
> to PDF or PCL - I wonder if there exists any moment in FOP rendering
> process when I can get page count. Maybe I should write my own simple
> Renderer?

I dont follow exactly what you are trying to do. You need the number of
pages, but not the rendered document? You could write a simple renderer
that implements all the methods in the AbstractRenderer and does nothing
in those methods, to keep processing to a minimum. To be honest I dont
think it will save more than 10%-20% of the time. Most of the processing
time is taken up by layout, not the renderer.

Chris