From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Print on demand using FOP
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:04:38 GMT
Chris Bowditch wrote:

> Mike Brodbelt wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>> How do other people deal with this? Is there any way to exercise control
>> over the positioning of pacge breaks without needing widow/orphan
>> support? Any work rounds possible. Failing that (stupid question alert),
>> any idea when a version of FOP that supports this might make an
>> appearance?

Oh I forgot to mention that there is in fact limited support for keep-*
properties in FOP 0.20.5. keep-* properties have been implemented on
table-rows. So by placing your fo:blocks and other constructs into a
table-row within a single-column table you can get prevent page break
occuring mid-paragraph.

This is fine for simple scenarios, but where the document is already
very complicated, placing everything into an outer table is not always
feasible.

Chris