From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Print on demand using FOP
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:51:55 GMT
Mike Brodbelt wrote:

<snip/>

> How do other people deal with this? Is there any way to exercise control
> over the positioning of pacge breaks without needing widow/orphan
> support? Any work rounds possible. Failing that (stupid question alert),
> any idea when a version of FOP that supports this might make an appearance?

The trouble with the current version of FOP 0.20.5 is that the code is
written in such a way that it makes adding support for keep-* properties
too difficult. This is the main reason for the redesign effort. FOP has
been re-written with keep-* properties in mind. However, progress on the
redesign is slow. Its such a big job and the FOP team is low on
resource. Help is always welcome though ....

In terms of how I deal with this issue today. I'm ashamed to say this on
list, but we use RenderX's XEP when keep-* properties are required.

Chris