From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: can I place Overlapping images in fo
Date Mon, 15 Mar 2004 09:43:44 GMT
Naveen M V wrote:
> Hi ,
> I would like to place one image (jpeg-CMYK) over a another like a pack of
> cards spread. Or do we have anything like the layers of Netscape in fo.

There is z-index in XSL-FO, but this is not implemented in FOP. You can
set the background image for a region and overlay an image on top. But I
dont think you can achieve what you want using FOP 0.20.5.

> Using SVG like this 	<image xlink:href="image_cmyk.jpg" x="0.1in" y="0.1in"
> width="1.1in" height="1.1in"/>  gives
> sun.awt.image.ImageFormatException: Unsupported color conversion request
>         at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.readImage(Native Method)
>         at sun.awt.image.JPEGImageDecoder.produceImage(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.awt.image.InputStreamImageSource.doFetch(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.fetchloop(Unknown Source)
>         at sun.awt.image.ImageFetcher.run(Unknown Source)

If the SVG fails then you need to ask why it doesnt work on the Batik
list. I suspect it has something to do with CMYK images. If you can
solve this issue, then SVG may be the best approach to get what you want.

> S i need a way to make layers using
> <fo:external-graphic src="image_cmyk.jpg" width="0.37in" height="0.37in"/>

Chris