From Glen Mazza <grm7...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: using multiple page sequences
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 04:36:54 GMT
Fleetwood, Brett (SSABSA) schrieb:

>I read that using multiple page sequences in the XSL and
>therefore in the FO means that fop will release some memory.

The ML archives seem to indicate that, but I'm unsure how significant
the savings would be.  It might not be worth the effort.  I'm currently
looking in this area for our newer version (1.0) and hopefully
"band-aids" such as these will not be necessary in the future.

>Is there any solutions I can use that uses
>multiple page sequences or possible change the xml structure, if not is
>there another FOP transformer that isn't as memory intensive.

RenderX and AntennaHouse are the main commercial implementations.

><fo:layout-master-set>
>	<fo:simple-page-master master-name="A4"
>	</fo:simple-page-master>
></fo:layout-master-set>
>
><fo:page-sequence master-reference="contents">

Hmmm...I guess I'm missing something here--doesn't the master reference
("contents") need to refer to the master-name of the simple-page-master
("A4")?

Glen