From John Austin <jwaus...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: using multiple page sequences
Date Fri, 12 Mar 2004 02:30:42 GMT
On Thu, 2004-03-11 at 22:02, Fleetwood, Brett (SSABSA) wrote:
> Hi all,

Quick question: Have you increased the memory available to your JVM ?
If you are using the JVM default, your easiest solution might be to
increase the memory available. This depends on your system having enough
real memory to support it and varies by JVM vendor.

So what is your environment ?

OS, real memory available, Java Version ?

What is your command line used to invoke Fop ?

> I am having out of memory issues when transforming my FO -> PDF using
> fop-0.20.5rc2. I read that using multiple page sequences in the XSL and

There is a production release of 0.20.5

> therefore in the FO means that fop will release some memory. I don't see how
> I can do this. My XML file is generated dynamically from a database so I
> don't know how big it will be. Is there any solutions I can use that uses
> multiple page sequences or possible change the xml structure, if not is
> there another FOP transformer that isn't as memory intensive. Thanks in
> advanced for any help. If I havn't provided enough info please ask and I can
> get back to you.

See above
--
John Austin <jwaustin@sympatico.ca>