From John Austin <jwaus...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Re: Huge time in creating Driver object...
Date Tue, 09 Mar 2004 18:00:52 GMT
On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 08:14, Avula, Srini wrote:
> Hi
>
> While creating org.apache.fop.apps.Driver	object, to set logger and
> renderer,
> is taking very long-time compare to transformation and other activities.

Could you be a bit more specific ?

We would expect some extra time spent in 'warm-up' for a number
of activities. Some of this is a related to the Java VM and some
is an unfortunate consequence of the 0.20.5 implementation and may
not be improved for a while.

It could be helpful if you show some measured times and outline
your expectations. Also, include the complete set of command-line
parameters (do you use -Xmx??? or others).
--
John Austin <jwaustin@sympatico.ca>