From Dennis Myrén <Dennis.My...@oslokb.no>
Subject RE: Fop generates cryptic font name
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 11:16:15 GMT
Tell them that's how Adobe Illustrator is doing it.

Regards,
Dennis JD Myrén
Developer
Oslo Kodebureau
Tel:      (+47) 98 00 11 92
Mail:   dennis@oslokb.no
Web:   www.oslokb.no

-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
Sent: 4. mars 2004 12:09
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Fop generates cryptic font name

Dennis Myrén wrote:
> Chapter 5.5.3 - Font Subsets mentions this.

Yes, I saw that, but that only refers to font subsets, which have six
character and a + sign. However, fop always generates the six
characters, even for non-subsetted fonts:

/FontName /2Ebbf7ArialNarrow

As you can see, there's no + character.

Now, I do see the value in using the six characters in any situation, I
just need some ammunition for management. If I can prove that it's part
of the spec, they'll probably let it fly. As it is, our print shop
claims that RIP times have increased significantly because of that.

Anyway, thanks a lot for the information,

Ulrich