From Dennis Myrén <Dennis.My...@oslokb.no>
Subject RE: Fop generates cryptic font name
Date Thu, 04 Mar 2004 10:11:25 GMT
As far as I know this is correct.
This ensures that the font embedded in the PDF document is always used,
With no risk for collision with eventual fonts with the same name installed on the system
that runs the PDF.

Regards,
Dennis JD Myrén
Developer
Oslo Kodebureau
Tel:      (+47) 98 00 11 92
Mail:   dennis@oslokb.no
Web:   www.oslokb.no
-----Original Message-----
From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org] On Behalf Of Ulrich Mayring
Sent: 4. mars 2004 10:38
To: fop-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Fop generates cryptic font name

Hello everyone,

I'm using fop 0.20.5 to create PDFs with embedded fonts. I generated the
metrics files with fop and they look like this:

<embed/>

However, fop generates this in my PDFs:

8 0 obj
<< /Type /FontDescriptor
/FontName /2Ebbf7ArialNarrow

As you can see, there are a number of cryptic characters before the font
name. Unfortunately, every time I re-run my program, these characters
are different. This leads to a situation, where we have 1000 documents
with (supposedly) 1000 different fonts, so the RIP continually
re-generates the font, because it thinks it is a new one. This slows
output down considerably.

So, where does that prefix come from and how can I avoid it?

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Ulrich