From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Re: Running junit tests fails
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 01:42:17 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Looks like it. Please download the latest Ant release and install it
> following Ant's installation instructions. Then use ant.bat/ant.sh to
> build FOP and not build.bat. Ant can be found at http://ant.apache.org.
>
> I've heard that best practice is not to bundle Ant with a project but to
> make an Ant installation a requirement on every machine someone wants to
> build Java projects on. Looks like we hit one of the reasons for this
> best practice here. I'll raise that point on fop-dev.
>
> Sorry for the trouble caused. I was the one to introduce JUnit tests in
> the build.xml for HEAD.
>
> On 10.12.2003 20:46:52 Simon Pepping wrote:
>
>>Ant's failure message mentions optional.jar. I do not have that
>>because it does not come with the checkout. Could that be the cause?

I seem to recall that one has to build ant for the particular set of
optional facilities that one wants.  Does this ring a bell for anyone?

 From the manual:
<
Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to build tasks
you are interested in. These should either be available on the CLASSPATH
or added to the lib directory. See Library Dependencies for a list of
jar requirements for various features. Note that this will make the
auxiliary jars available for the building of Ant only. For running Ant
you will still need to make the jars available as described under
Installing Ant.
/>

These seem to be in addition to optional.jar.

I think it points to the fact that we will have to provide a custom ant
build, optional.jar and library dependencies, including junit.jar.

Peter