From Ozhan Hassan <oz...@io.mds.rmit.edu.au>
Subject Class Transformer not found
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 03:34:30 GMT
Hi,

Hi hope I am sending this to the correct user mailing list.

I am trying to write a simple application to read in an xml file and and
xslt style sheet, then produce a PDF. Below is a snippet of the main code
which does this:

Driver driver = new Driver();
driver.setOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(outFileName));
Logger logger = new ConsoleLogger(ConsoleLogger.LEVEL_INFO);
MessageHandler.setScreenLogger(logger);
driver.setLogger(logger);
driver.setRenderer(Driver.RENDER_PDF);

Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance()
	.newTransformer(new StreamSource(INPUT_DIR + INPUT_XSLT));
transformer.transform(new InputSource(INPUT_DIR + INPUT_XML),
	new SAXResult(driver.getContentHandler()));

However, I am getting the following error:

 [javac]
/home/server/test/RendingEngines/FOP/source/fop-0.20.4/build/src/RenderingEngineXslt.java:60:
Class Transformer not found.
    [javac] Transformer transformer = TransformerFactory.newInstance()
    [javac]                 ^
    [javac] /home/server/test/RendingEngines/FOP/source/fop-0.20.4/build/src/RenderingEngineXslt.java:61:
Class StreamSource not found.
    [javac]                .newTransformer(new StreamSource(INPUT_DIR + INPUT_XSLT));
    [javac]                                    ^
    [javac] 2 errors, 1 warning

I have the xalan_2.3.1.jar file in my class path. I also import the
following, where the 2nd import isn't found:

import javax.xml.transform.TransformerFactory;
import org.apache.xalan.xsltc.trax.TransformerFactoryImpl;

Can anyone help me out?

Regards,
Ozhan