From "Victor Mote" <...@outfitr.com>
Subject RE: FOP javadocs
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 06:22:14 GMT
Peter B. West wrote:

> For reasons relaed to my own approach to design and code documentation,
> I would like to see us, at some time in the future, follow the lead of
> Poi, and publish the complete source tree as HTML.  See
> http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/javadocs/javasrc/

That's pretty cool. Is it substantially better than this?
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop
(already available from our Development tab, under ViewCVS). I guess if you
use all of the cross-referencing stuff, it might be. I use my IDE for most
of that.

Another issue: poi isn't using Forrest. How would this integrate with
Forrest? How does poi go about building this? If you can do it through gump
or cron, or better yet get Cocoon to build it on the fly, i.e no manual
intervention, then that will work best. I don't see javasrc on jakarta's
site -- who owns it now?

Victor Mote