From "Victor Mote" <...@outfitr.com>
Subject RE: mif generation
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 04:07:00 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Looking at the source code of MIFDocument.java (method curPara())
> there's likely to be an IndexOutOfBoundsException if paras (an ArrayList)
> has zero elements. There's a check needed. Since I fear we have no
> active committers who know MIF well enough (and have spare time), I
> suggest you try to fix the bug yourself.

This echoes a thought that I had over the weekend while playing with the MIF
and RTF renderers. In most important respects except for layout, the
redesign (trunk) code in FOP is better than the maintenance code from which
releases have been created. Since MIF and RTF don't use layout, the trunk
code for those renderers should theoretically be better than, or at least as
good as the maintenance branch.

I mention this because 1) efforts on fixing the bug might be more productive
in the trunk code, and 2) there may be a developer out there who would jump
in and help get the MIF or RTF renderers working better, but they are frozen
because of the redesign effort. Please don't be. The redesign should not
affect these renderers, and it would be great to have some new developers
take an interest in them.

Victor Mote