From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: FAQ on embedded PDF viewing in IE
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 20:14:29 GMT
Victor Mote wrote:
> I don't have a convenient way to test this stuff. Would someone on this list
> who uses FOP in a servlet be so kind as to test the proposed patch (see
> problem? Thanks.

The problem is that various IEx versions and even different builds
of the same version are said to exhibit different behaviour, and
a higher version/build number doesn't necessarily mean a more
standard conformant behaviour. It's likely that different people
will still have different results depending on from whatever CD
they installed their IEx.
Whoever invented the "disregard the server's claims about content
type and stuff and let's do our own guess" behaviour should be
burnt at a stake.

J.Pietschmann