From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Réf. : RE: mif generation
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 08:04:34 GMT
Is that really the full stacktrace? If yes, your stacktrace indicates a
problem within Xalan, but I don't see why the PDF generation works, then.
So I don't have an idea. The only thing you can do is comment out
portions of your XSL to see if the error goes away. That could help you
gradually narrow down the culprit. Or try another Xalan version. If
you're working with JDK 1.4.* you will need to deal with the endorsement
stuff: http://xml.apache.org/xalan-j/faq.html#faq-N100CB

Good luck!

On 06.05.2003 09:01:09 stephane.peyronny wrote:
> I generate a PDF document with a stylesheet and a xml file.
> My script is :
>      fop -xsl seePDF.xsl -xml test.xml -pdf result.pdf
> This behaviour works without errors.
>
> Then I take the same xsl and xml files to generate MIF document with :
>      fop -xsl seePDF.xsl -xml test.xml -mif result.mif
> I got this stack :
>
> [INFO] FOP 0.20.4
> [INFO] building formatting object tree
> [INFO] rendering areas to MIF
> [INFO] [1]
> [INFO] [2]
> [ERROR] java.lang.NullPointerException
> org.apache.fop.apps.FOPException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at org.apache.fop.apps.CommandLineStarter.run(Unknown Source)
>         at org.apache.fop.apps.Fop.main(Unknown Source)
> ---------
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.run(TransformerImpl.java:3170)
>         at
> org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerHandlerImpl.endDocument(TransformerHandlerImpl.java:433)

<snip/>

> I really don't know where the error come from.
> ???

Jeremias Maerki