From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: mif generation
Date Mon, 05 May 2003 18:25:12 GMT
Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the MIF format.

I can reproduce what you said. Here's the exception:

> java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: -1, Size: 0
>         at java.util.ArrayList.RangeCheck(ArrayList.java:508)
>         at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:320)
>         at org.apache.fop.mif.MIFDocument$TextFlow.curPara(MIFDocument.java:442)
>         at org.apache.fop.mif.MIFDocument.createTable(MIFDocument.java:1089)
>         at org.apache.fop.render.mif.MIFRenderer.renderAreaContainer(MIFRenderer.java:145)

Looking at the source code of MIFDocument.java (method curPara())
there's likely to be an IndexOutOfBoundsException if paras (an ArrayList)
has zero elements. There's a check needed. Since I fear we have no
active committers who know MIF well enough (and have spare time), I
suggest you try to fix the bug yourself.

On 05.05.2003 12:40:12 stephane.peyronny wrote:
> I need to generate mif files.
> I run my script and I always got a JavaNullPointerException when the file I
> want to convert contains tables.
> Could someone help me?

Jeremias Maerki