From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject RE: Antwort: Which TIFF format is used in batik? How can I get TI FF Type 1?
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2002 15:27:19 GMT
Ronald and the rest of you cool cats,

I was having a similar problem: when I'd print the logo for my company (a
JPG), it would come out pixelated when printed. The way I resolved the
issue, was to use *HI-RES* JPG images. Instead of using a 72-dpi JPG image,
I used a 300dpi JPG image, and it came out clean and crisp. I don't know if
this was a factor as well, but I believe I also placed the image in a
table-cell which scaled the image 50%. BTW, I couldn't see changes when I
modified the content-width & height (it didn't seem to have any effect).

I don't know if this'll help you, but it worked for me!

Web Maestro Clay

At 06:28 AM 12/17/2002, you wrote:
>I've looked at the code in the AWTRenderer where a BufferedImage is created
>to paint the "page" on(defaults to 72 dpi)
>Out of curiosity, how can we create a high res image / graphics context ?
>I would be happy to tinker with the code and post any solutions if I find
>any , but I am not very familiar with 2D.
>Thanks,
>Ronald

- Clay Leeds
- Web Developer