From "Doherty, Michael" <MiDoh...@lehman.COM>
Subject no-break space in unicode font
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2002 12:53:07 GMT
I am producing pdfs that contain Japanese characters (among others).
Accordingly, I have created a font xml file from osaka.unicode.ttf to embed
in the pdf files.  This works (ie produces Japanese characters) but now I
find that no-break space characters (unicode 160 decimal; 00A0 in hex) are
not correctly handled.  I usually get the 'unkown' unicode character in
their place (a square outline) but sometimes get other, apparently unrelated
characters.

Has anybody else experienced something similar?  Are there any known
solutions?  Can the font be manipulated to solve the problem?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Michael

named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message you are hereby notified
that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman Brothers.  Email transmission cannot
be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.  Therefore, we do not represent that this information
is complete or accurate and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject
to change without notice.