From "Calero, Roberto" <roberto.cal...@assirt.com.au>
Subject RE: improve fop performance ???
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 03:05:01 GMT
You should be able to decouple tasks to have better control over them, like
for instance data retrieval, calculation and generation. Each of them should
have an specific and isolated scope. As for me, Generation means the whole
process not just the conversion from xsl:fo to pdf format. The other thing
is that you are using javascript extensions when running your xslt and that
takes time. Ussually it is a bad idea to compute data while retrieving it
from DB. It makes your DB work harder and sometimes better performance can
be achieved by retrieving just plain data and then having the app performing
any calculation required.

Hope this helps..

-----Original Message-----
From: Dang Minh Phuong [mailto:mpdang@ncs.com.sg]
Sent: Wednesday, 23 October 2002 12:58 PM
To: 'fop-user@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: improve fop performance ???

Yes, I am compute values as part of data retrieval. Because of extendable, I
put formulars for calculation in xml file as java script code. After
retrieve data, read formula, I pass all of them to Rhino to do the
computation. I think this is the reason of my bad performance. I am trying
to improve the performance as much as I can. Some other people are trying to
improve the performance in computation part and I am trying to improve in
generation part.