From Clay Leeds <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: update to site/deploy/fop
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 14:15:18 GMT
Nice work troubleshooting the file date problem. I have had many problems w site deployment
since long ago when I first brought the site to more or less it's current state of Forrest-y
crunchiness.

I'm currently spending some time researching the method for converting to the newly blessed
method for site deployment using the new Apache CMS system, so hopefully it won't be an issue
for too much longer.

Clay

"My religion is simple. My religion is kindness."
- HH The Dalai Lama of Tibet

On Feb 27, 2012, at 12:39 AM, Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com> wrote:

> I've been attempting for a few hours now to successfully update the FOP site directory.
After a number of attempts I believe I've finally performed an update (subject to an upcoming
rsync). I noticed that the first time I was able to perform a deploy.svn successfully, it
only updated two files, two newly added files, and did not update any of the other existing
files.

> I finally determined that the following lines in forrest/tools/forrestbot/core/deploy.xml
>
>     <copy todir="${deploy.svn.svn-dir}">
>       <fileset dir="${build.site-dir}"/>
>     </copy>
>
> were failing to copy the changed (modified) files since the last modified date on the
target directory (work/svn-deploy/forrest-docs) were later than the just previously built
site directory (build/forrest-docs).

> This was because the newly checkout out files in the target directory had the time of
checkout as opposed to the last time of commit on the file, and, consequently, the local site
directory files, which are rendered (built) by forrest prior to the checkout, had older last
modified times.

> By adding overwrite="true" as follows (along with verbose for a little debugging help),
I finally got all the modified site files copied, and subsequently committed by deploy.svn.