From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Fw: Re: [css3-text] Hyphenation Resources
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 08:04:21 GMT
Hi fop devs.

There is discussion on www-style@w3.org about hypenation dictionary
formats, and FOP was mentioned.  Does someone have the knowledge to
comment there?

----- Forwarded message from John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com> -----

From: John Daggett <jdaggett@mozilla.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2011 23:36:59 -0800 (PST)
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
Cc: liam@w3.org, jfkthame@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [css3-text] Hyphenation Resources

Looking at this a tiny bit more, it appears that the AH format is
actually based on FOP:

I'm curious if folks working on XSL/FOP feel that the formats and
algorithms used for automated hyphenation have been sufficiently
flushed out enough to allow for a common format?  Or would it be
better to allow user agents room to innovate and then define
something later?

John Daggett

cc'ing Liam Quinn