From Loran Kary <loran.k...@mac.com>
Subject Severe : Exception. Cannot Load Font. No font URI's available.
Date Sat, 07 Jul 2007 00:22:31 GMT
I need to be able to use some fonts other than the Base 14 in the
PDF's I generate.

I have created some font metrics files with TTFReader and in the
configuration file I specify the font metrics files and the font
triplets.

If I specify an "embed-url" with the path of the font ttf file, this
seems to work.  But I don't want to have to embed the fonts in the
PDF file because they are already installed on my Mac OS X system.  I
just want to reference those fonts in the PDF file.

Since I have supplied FOP with the font metrics and the font
triplets, I would expect that FOP has everything it needs to use
those fonts in the PDF.

But without embedding the font, I get the severe exception, cannot
load font, and no PDF output.

This is with FOP 0.93 and I understand there may be some known
problems in this area.  Can anyone tell me more?

Thanks,
Loran Kary