From "Leung, Koby" <kole...@exchange.ubc.ca>
Subject Underlining using FOP
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 23:30:51 GMT
Hey folks,

	Hopefully I've the correct list. I'm attempting to use FOP to
generate a PDF with some underlined text, and was having some trouble.
Here's the snippet of code I'm using:

<fo:block text-align="center" text-decoration="underline"
font-weight="bold" space-before='24pt' font-size="14pt">
  Here is my text, plus I've got some <xsl:value-of select="mySelect">
blocks too.
</fo:block>

The problem is, the underlines are coming through, but are showing
little gaps between each word and each space.

So I get __ ___ like underlining, where I'd like a solid line.

I've tried encasing the static text in an <text> tag, but the behavior
doesn't change.

Am I doing something wrong, or have I run up against a limitation in
FOP?

Thanks!

Koby