From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: How about a release?
Date Fri, 07 Apr 2006 07:38:24 GMT
Clay Leeds wrote:

> I'd like to see a release as well.
>
> But is this a new issue? Has it been resolved?

No :(

> On Apr 6, 2006, at 11:50 AM, Peter S. Housel wrote:
>
>>> WDYT?
>>

>> From my perspective as a user, I think it's essential to fix the
>> problem with preserving whitespace after a newline (for <pre>-style
>> output) before doing another release.
>>
>> -Peter-
>

> If it's resolved, then I'd give my +1 to a PMC VOTE. If not, then can
> it be resolved quickly? If not, then I'd say '+1'.

This problem cannot be resolved quickly. It requires an adjustment to
the Knuth algorithm used for generating Break Possibilities. Simon P has
a proposal to change the Knuth algorithm that addresses this problem,
but it will take some time to implement.

 From my perspective (as a User), this problem is not high on the list
of  priorities. Mainly because my stylesheets don't allow the user to
preserve whitespace in incoming data. This is considering poor
formatting. Instead the XML should be restructed to allow formatting
attributes to be applied to text to yield the desired result.

Chris