From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Thu, 27 Apr 2006 14:59:41 GMT
Yes, please add entries for the two projects. That Wiki page is the
first station. I'm not sure, yet, who exactly will transfer the
proposals to Google (can't remember from last year, either), but the
first step is to identify the projects inside the ASF. I'll need to read
through the whole mentoring info and stuff during the weekend. You can
list me as a mentor on both projects. If I can get help from another FOP
committer mentoring, all the better.

On 27.04.2006 16:22:44 Patrick Paul wrote:
> Jeremias,
>
> Do you think we should have our two projects posted on the Apache Wiki ?
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/SummerOfCode2006
>
> Is it better to go through that page, or will our proposals be forwarded
> directly to you anyway ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Patrick
>
> Jeremias Maerki wrote:
>
> >I don't see why you couldn't also apply for a slot. Having floats would
> >be cool (but not simple). I'm not sure about your work on FOrayFont. I
> >think the projects have to be tied to one of the organizations listed by
> >Google. Only the client part in FOP would be part of that. So floats
> >would be the better option I guess.
> >
> >I'm sure I can count on other FOP committers to help me with the
> >mentoring job if we take on two projects.
> >
> >BTW, both of you should make sure you're eligible for participating in
> >the SoC. See the Students FAQ on the Google SoC site. Someone who
> >applied last year wasn't a student.
> >

> >Jeremias Maerki

Jeremias Maerki