From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: 0.92beta packaging issue-- missing fop-hyph.jar
Date Mon, 24 Apr 2006 06:48:17 GMT
No, that has nothing to do with the XML Graphics Commons refactoring.
FOP 0.91beta didn't contain a fop-hyph.jar, either. FOP does not
contain any hyphenation patterns anymore due to difficulties conforming
with the Apache license policy. You'll have to download the hyphenation
patterns from the http://offo.sf.net project and make sure the license
restrictions of each hyphenation file is suitable for your environment.

So, no, it's not possibly for us to include fop-hyph.jar with the next
release.

More information:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.92/hyphenation.html

On 24.04.2006 02:00:56 Craeg Strong wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am really excited about the new developments for FOP, and I have been
> downloading
> and using the latest beta versions as soon as they become available.
>
> After upgrading to 0.92beta, I am getting the following error:
>  [fop] Apr 23, 2006 7:53:21 PM org.apache.fop.hyphenation.Hyphenator
> getHyphenationTree
>  [fop] SEVERE: Couldn't find hyphenation pattern en
>
> I believe the reason is that I need fop-hyph.jar in my path.
> Unfortunately fop-hyph.jar is not included in the default binary
> distribution.
> Of course I can build fop from source and get fop-hyph.jar that way...
>
> This is a change from 0.91 due to the refactoring to use xmlgraphics
> commons, right?
>
> But anyway would it be possible for you to include fop-hyph.jar file by
> default in the next binary release of FOP?
> It is needed to process Docbook sources into PDF.  Please advise, thanks!
>
> --Craeg

Jeremias Maerki