From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Release coordination in XML Graphics (was: [VOTE] Release Apache XML Graphics Commons 1.0 and Apache FOP 0.92beta)
Date Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:07:16 GMT

On 12.04.2006 13:55:44 Peter West wrote:
<snip/>
> Is there other than accidental co-ordination between commons, batik and
> fop?

"Accidental"? ATM, no coordination is required for releasing Commons as
Batik doesn't use it, yet. The plan for XML Graphics Commons on the Wiki
is still valid and provides the base for work on Commons. FOP 0.92 will
still use Batik 1.6 as we can redistribute only released JAR files. No
snapshot JARs as in the past. Coordination as necessary between
subprojects in XML Graphics happens on general@xmlgraphics.apache.org.

> What guidance will there be for users in co-ordinating versions of
> the three?

I don't understand the question, sorry.

Jeremias Maerki