From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Return carriage
Date Sun, 09 Apr 2006 10:56:52 GMT

On 07.04.2006 14:52:13 Luis Fabiano wrote:

> This is exactly my problem. I can´t insert (by java, at least) a space
> between the return text. It should be that way. Don´t we have any way to
> point to FOP that it should break the line with a comma, for example?

No. The problem in your particular case ("1000,1001,1002,1003...") is
that UAX#14 [1] prohibits breaks before and after a comma if it is
surrounded by numeric characters. In this case you have to work with
zero-width-spaces as I have suggested earlier. That's to only way you
can insert a break possibility here.

[1] http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr14/

> or don´t exist a way to manipulta the string directly in FOP?

No.

> Ah, BTW, thanks for the help :-)

You're welcome.

Jeremias Maerki