From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: Building fop and batik
Date Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:41:41 GMT

On 04.04.2006 15:50:09 Peter West wrote:
> I noticed some recent commits that mentioned an xmlgraphics commons module.
>
> What's the state of play with this?

Finally picking up speed. I got serious about migrating components from
Batik and FOP over to the new subproject. It is "work in progress" but
from now on always in a usable state. The build is working and I've just
set up a Gump descriptor for Commons.

The plan is still the same as before:
http://wiki.apache.org/xmlgraphics/XmlGraphicsCommonComponents

> My basic question is, what fop and batik trunk versions give a stable
> and compatible build base?

All FOP, Batik and Commons Trunks are pretty stable right now.

Yes: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/xmlgraphics/commons/trunk

> If so, will I need to add the commons module to satisfy my main
> requirement,

The Commons module is not yet a prerequisite to build FOP but will be in
a few minutes. But there will be a xmlgraphics-commons.jar in FOP's lib
directory. OTOH, you will want to look at the sources of Commons because
that's where the stuff interesting for your Folio will eventually end up.

> or can it be done from before the split?

SVN can give you any revision/state from the past.

Jeremias Maerki