From Jess Holle <je...@ptc.com>
Subject Re: Finally finalizing the FOP API
Date Tue, 07 Feb 2006 09:46:48 GMT
Having just added reflection code to make my code work with 0.20.5 and
0.91 beta, I'd like to see the existing Fop() constructor continue to
work as per 0.91 beta.

Overall having to use reflection to maintain use of the current stable
while being ready for the future is at once understandable and
obnoxious.  The simpler the new API is for simple cases (I'm *not*
re-using anything from one execution to the next due to the infrequency
of the calls, etc) and the sooner it stabilizes for these, the better.
I had kind of assumed that "beta" meant "API is stable for simple cases" :-)

--
Jess Holle