From Andreas L Delmelle <a_l.delme...@pandora.be>
Subject Re: RTF rendering
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 18:05:20 GMT
On Aug 1, 2005, at 18:57, Sergey Simonchik wrote:

Hi,

> Currently I work on upgrading FOP's RTF rendering. We need it as a
> part of another project.
> And now some patches to RTF-rendering with test cases are available.
> So I have two questions:
> 1) Would you be so kind to tell your intention about RTF support?

Well, there has been some talk --I think it was very early this year--
about doing a release off the trunk that only supported RTF rendering
(since the other renderers weren't ready yet), so I guess you could say
that we're quite sure RTF support will be available in the next
release.

Question for other devs: the Ant build indicates that the RTF renderer
is 'still very very alpha'. Can that warning be removed or is it still
too early?

> 2) What do you think about commiting these patches?

Well, all help is welcome, but it's difficult to say what we think if
you don't show us the patches. :-) If you don't have any objection,
just enter a Bugzilla report[1] describing the enhancements your
patches offer, attach the diff(s) and testcases, and we'll certainly
get back to you.

TIA!

Cheers,

Andreas