From The Web Maestro <the.webmaes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP Compliance Page was: getPageCount and FOP 1.0dev
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:17:32 GMT
On Aug 1, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
> I don't think adding/removing releases from the compliance page is
> something we plan on doing frequently.  A side by side comparsion is
> only required now because the Trunk code is a complete re-write.
>
> Once the trunk code has stablized and its being used in production,
> everything relating to the maintanance branch can probably be removed
> from the website. When further releases are made from the Trunk, it
> will simply be a matter of updating the compliance page to reflect
> what the latest release supports.
>
> Chris

Actually, I think we'll probably leave the 0.20.5 release online
(although, we haven't discussed this yet). One thing about 0.20.5 and
previous versions is that, presumably, they support more systems than
the one about to be released. IIRC, 0.9/1.0dev will require Java 1.4 or
1.5, neither of which are supported by AIX 4.1 (JRE 1.3 max). For this
reason, it makes sense (to me) to at least maintain a comparison page
(if we don't leave that maintenance-branch info on the FOP Compliance
Page).

Regards,

Web Maestro Clay
--