From Luca Furini <lfur...@cs.unibo.it>
Subject Re: svn commit: r227219 - /xmlgraphics/fop/trunk/src/documentation/content/xdocs/compliance.ihtml
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 14:50:10 GMT
Jeremias Maerki wrote:

> Initial values for "Trunk" column. No guarantees!

Jeremias, Manuel, you have done a great job!
I find it very useful and stimulating to have such a comprehensive "to do"
list at hand!

Just a few notes:

> [page-number-citation]
> [Trunk] After the page number is known, no relayout is performed. The
> appearance may be suboptimal depending on the use case.

The same problem affects page-number too.

I have started looking at this, I will soon post a message with my first
findings and ideas.

> [line-stacking-strategy]
> [Trunk] TODO TBD

"font-height" is explicitly implemented; the alternative behaviour (when
line-stecking-strategy is not font-height) should match the one prescribed
for max-height.

The recommendation (7.15.16) states that "Implementations must support at
least the max-height and font-height values defined in this
Recommendation, and may treat line-height as if max-height had been
specified", so we should be in a consistent state.

> [text-align]
> Only start, end, center and justify are supported
> [text-align-last]
> Only start, end, center and justify are supported

Implementing "inside" and "outside" should not be difficult.

During the linebreaking, they could be handled just as "start" (using
effectiveAlignment); during the addAreas() phase, when the page number
should be known, the computent difference could be either interpreted as a
left indent (to implement "ouside" in a odd page or "inside" in an even
one) or ignored.

> [letter-spacing]
> yes?

As far as I can remember it should work.

Regards
     Luca