From Chris Bowditch <bowditch_ch...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: FOP Compliance Page was: getPageCount and FOP 1.0dev
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:44:01 GMT
The Web Maestro wrote:

> On Aug 1, 2005, at 2:58 AM, Chris Bowditch wrote:
>
>> I don't think adding/removing releases from the compliance page is
>> something we plan on doing frequently.  A side by side comparsion is
>> only required now because the Trunk code is a complete re-write.
>>
>> Once the trunk code has stablized and its being used in production,
>> everything relating to the maintanance branch can probably be removed
>> from the website. When further releases are made from the Trunk, it
>> will simply be a matter of updating the compliance page to reflect
>> what the latest release supports.
>>
>> Chris
>

> Actually, I think we'll probably leave the 0.20.5 release online
> (although, we haven't discussed this yet). One thing about 0.20.5 and
> previous versions is that, presumably, they support more systems than
> the one about to be released. IIRC, 0.9/1.0dev will require Java 1.4 or
> 1.5, neither of which are supported by AIX 4.1 (JRE 1.3 max). For this
> reason, it makes sense (to me) to at least maintain a comparison page
> (if we don't leave that maintenance-branch info on the FOP Compliance
> Page).

Clay - 0.9pr will support JDK 1.3. I have long been arguging the need to
maintain support for it. I believe Jeremias applied a patch recently to
fix the issues with building 0.9pr on 1.3. So it should be okay now?

So I don't think 0.20.5 will have any advantage once 0.9 has become
stable. Hence why I think we should stop promoting it once 0.9 is
thorouhly tested and in production.

Chris