From "Victor Mote" <...@outfitr.com>
Subject RE: FOP Compliance Page was: getPageCount and FOP 1.0dev
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 02:00:01 GMT
Manuel Mall wrote:

> I managed to revive the color coding (see
> http://www.arcus.com.au/fop/compliance.html). It was a CSS
> issue in that the FOP custom stylesheet rules were less
> specific than the Forrest default CSS rules and therefore not
> applied on the table elements.

The original intent is seen in the properties section there, but not in the
objects (which you have adapted to the new scheme). The color coding in
objects is useful also, just in a different way. The original idea was
intended somewhat as a benefit to developers, almost a checklist. I probably
did not fully grasp at the time that 0.20.5 had been completely abandoned.
With that in mind, abandoning the basic / extended / complete information in
favor of the progression between the two releases is  probably good, since
you only have 2 dimensions on the page to work with. And the user can still
infer the same information from the data presented, it just won't be as
visually obvious.

Victor Mote