From Clay Leeds <cle...@medata.com>
Subject XML Graphics hostname (was Re: Can we please disable the Wiki on Nagoya?)
Date Sat, 09 Oct 2004 15:10:46 GMT
On Oct 9, 2004, at 1:30 AM, Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> While we're talking about volunteers, when the resolution passes we
> will
> have some work to do, creating a charter, setting up a website for XML
> Graphics which will link to the two existing websites under XML and a
> few other things. I intent to do a good part of this but I hope I will
> get some help.

On that note... what will the new hostname (I think that's the
terminology) for the Apache XML Graphics be called?

We probably will need to 'vote' on this until after the Apache XML
Graphics PMC is created (if we even need to vote on this). My
preferences is for option [2], as it helps clarify and emphasize the
two aspects of the new project "xml" & "graphics", which I think will
help with branding. There may be other ideas on how it should look, but
these are a few

We've already pretty much decided that FOP[4] & Batik[5] will retain
their web site structure, so the new Apache XML Graphics site will have
links. I don't recall if there are any other projects that fall under
the umbrella, and didn't notice any in this thread[6].

[1]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/
[2]
http://xml-graphics.apache.org/